Bacon Wrapped Trout - Campfire Style
- 1 large (Big Lake) Rainbow trout butterflied
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup rosemary
- 1/4 cup thyme
- 1/4 cup tarragon
- 3-4 pieces thin sliced bacon
- salt and pepper
- With a grilling basket, open and place the trout on it butterlied with skin down.
- Sprinkle the entire assortment of salt, pepper, and herbs even over the fish.
- Slice the lemon and cover all the flesh with a layer of lemon slices.
- Flop one half of the fish over the filling.
- Wrapped a few wraps of bacon, spiralling so that the body of the fish is completely wrapped.
- Add salt and pepper to the outside of the fish, turn it over and get both sides.
- Close the grilling basket.
- Cook over an open campfire, turning occasionally until each side is browned and the meat is flakey.
- Bacon should be crisp, but cook to your liking.
- Remove from fire, open grilling basket and serve.
Submitted by Trish and Jim from Young, AZ