Pineapple Chocolate Cake - Hala Kahiki Kokoleka Mea 'ono
Pineapple Chocolate Cake - (Hala Kahiki Kokoeka mea 'ono)
- 1 - box chocolate cake mix
- 1 - 16 oz can sliced pineapples
- 1 - 16 oz can diced pineapples
- 1 - small jar pitted cherries in syrup
- 1 - 12 oz can cola
- 2-3 oz crushed macadamia nuts
- Mix the cake mix, the diced pineapples and the cola.
- Pour into a Dutch oven.
- Cover the top with a layer of pineapple slices.
- Place a pitted cherry in the hole of each pineapple slice.
- Sprinkle crushed macadamia nuts on top
- Put lid on dutch oven and place directly on the hot coals.
- With tongs, arrange a layer of hot coal on top on the dutch oven lid.
- Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Warning: Don't let any of this get on your forehead because your tongue will slap your brains out trying to get to it!
Submitted by Kale from Aina Haina, Honolulu, Hawaii